- Unique opportunity located in the Kimberley region of WA (near Broome)
- Utilise all your admin skills in this busy varied role
- Full time contract position to 31 December 2023
Who we are
The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the ATSI Act and subject to the PGPA Act. The ILSC assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to realise economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits that the ownership and management of land, water and water related rights can bring. The ILSC provides this assistance through the acquisition and management of rights and interests in land, salt water and freshwater country.
ILSC Agribusiness is a specialised unit of the ILSC that focuses on the development and management of commercial agribusiness investments on Indigenous land in partnership with Indigenous people. ILSC Agribusiness currently operates agricultural businesses, including beef cattle, fine-wool merino sheep, a community-based meatworks and a cattle export depot.
What we do at Roebuck Export Depot
Roebuck Export Depot is a live export depot in the Kimberly Region of WA. This facility has the capacity to process 17,444 head and is utilised by exporters and livestock agents to prepare cattle for live export markets as well as handling transit cattle for the domestic markets. The facility operates under strict environmental and animal welfare standards and holds animal welfare in the highest regard.
About the role
Reporting to the Depot Manager, this role will be pivotal in ensuring the smooth day to day running of the Export Depot. You will be responsible for providing the following:
- Performing a variety of admin functions including; purchasing goods, basic bookkeeping, processing invoices, recruitment, approving time sheets all in accordance with ILSC procedures.
- Liaise with the Depot Management to ensure that weight summaries, consignments and charges are completed to the highest level of accuracy.
- Liaise with stock agents and transporters to ensure all details of cattle are recorded accurately.
- Be willing to learn, understand and be proactive in animal welfare requirements.
- Assist as required with any day to day operational needs as directed.
- Undergo accredited training and perform duties as required in accordance with industry and work health and safety legislation and standards.
The preferred applicant will be engaged initially until 31 December 2023 with Primary Partners Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of ILSC.
If you’d like to find out more please contact: Peter Cunningham 0407 394 809 or Freecall 1800 818 490.
Applications are to include a current CV and covering letter (covering letter to be maximum 2 pages detailing how your skills and experience align with the position profile). Further information may be requested if you are selected for interview. You must be an Australian resident to apply for this role.
Applications close COB 16 December 2022.
At the ILSC we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we support.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply