- Ongoing full time opportunity based in Brisbane
- Indigenous Identified opportunity – open to Indigenous applicants only
- Salary range $61,120 to $64,726 (plus 15.4% Super)
The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the ATSI Act and subject to the PGPA Act. The ILSC assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to realise economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits that the ownership and management of land, water and water related rights can bring. The ILSC provides this assistance through the acquisition and management of rights and interests in land, salt water and fresh water country.
The ILSC is seeking an organised and enthusiastic self-starter to work in a rewarding team environment undertaking a range of administrative, financial and other office-based activities to support project staff, management and assist to maintain the efficient and effective operations of the Divisional Office.
Reporting to the Senior Administration Officer you will:
- Undertake a range of administrative tasks including preparation of correspondence/reports, organising meetings/conferences, travel bookings and reception.
- Arrange for the procurement of goods including obtaining quotes, preparing purchase orders, invoice processing, liaise with clients and suppliers regarding the payment for goods in accordance with ILSC’s guidelines.
- Maintain and monitor the electronic information systems and liaise with other sections of the ILSC regarding the land acquisition, land management and administrative budgets, in order to assist project staff and Divisional Manager.
- Maintain the records management system including the collection, distribution, filing and archiving of documents and correspondence in a timely manner.
The filing of this employment opportunity is intended to constitute a special measure under subsection 8 (1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
The preferred applicant will be engaged under the provision of the ILC Enterprise Agreement.
Applications are to include a current CV and covering letter (covering letter to be maximum 2 pages detailing how your skills and experience align with the position profile). Further information may be requested if you are selected for interview. You must be an Australian resident to apply for this role.
For any additional information, please contact: Kate Mitchell, Senior Administration Officer (07) 3854 4663 or Freecall 1800 818 490.
Applications close 3 August 2021
At the ILSC we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we support.