The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the ATSI Act and subject to the PGPA Act. The ILSC assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to realise economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits that the ownership and management of land, water and water related rights can bring. The ILSC provides this assistance through the acquisition and management of rights and interests in land, salt water and fresh water country.
Reporting directly to the Group Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director Programs directs, manages, and delivers the ILSC’s asset acquisition, management and divestment programs to achieve outcomes for Indigenous organisations and people in accordance with the National Indigenous Land and Sea Strategy (NILSS).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing corporate oversight of the Directorate’s Land and Sea Acquisition and Land and Sea Management programs and investments including the provision of strategic advice and recommendations to the Group CEO and ILSC Board
- Lead large scale strategic projects as directed by the Board or Group CEO
- Continually reviewing maintaining and protecting the security of the ILSC’s asset base, including divestment arrangements and post divestment monitoring…
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the Directorate’s budget and activities including the recommendation and delivery of continuous improvement strategies and preparing briefings and reporting to the Group CEO and ILSC Board on the Directorate’s progress against, and achievement of Corporate objectives and priorities.
- Providing real time performance monitoring, measurement and reporting of the assets across the ILSC Group.
- Providing leadership in managing strategic relationships with an extensive and diverse range of key stakeholders and supporting Indigenous land and sea holders with advocacy and capacity building.
Key requirements for this position will include:
- Completion of a post-graduate degree or Master’s in Business Administration is preferred
- Exemplifying personal drive and integrity whilst cultivating productive working relationships
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate with influence and effectively with Indigenous people, and a knowledge and understanding of their cultures
- Leading teams in a diverse work environment, managing risk and effectively managing priorities and tasks to completion
- Demonstrated high-level conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to prepare and present high level reports and presentations
- High level ability to create and maintain an expectation of trust and confidentiality and the ability to display sound judgement in regard to highly sensitive and/or volatile issues
- Shaping strategic thinking, change and achieving results
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit the Robert Walters website at: https://www.robertwalters.com.au/generalmgtconsultancy/jobs/coo/1486958-executive-director-programs.html
Please apply direct via the Robert Walters website as per link above. Please do not apply via the ‘Apply Online’ Form below.
At the ILSC we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we support.