- Full time ongoing opportunity based in Brisbane
- Be part of a collaborative and flexible team
- Salary range of $84,414 – $91,728 – plus 15.4% superannuation
The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the ATSI Act and subject to the PGPA Act. The ILSC assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to realise economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits that the ownership and management of land, water and water related rights can bring. The ILSC provides this assistance through the acquisition and management of rights and interests in land, salt water and fresh water country.
The ILSC is seeking a proactive and motivated Project Advisor to work in a supportive team to deliver the Our Country Our Future grant program. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, you will:
- Work with Indigenous corporations and their partners to develop land and water acquisition or management projects to the point they are ready for ILSC investment.
- Undertake research, market analysis, project scoping, due diligence and feasibility analysis of projects to establish the business case for ILSC investment.
- Assess and present grant applications to the ILSC investment panel.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and other government agencies.
- Work with Indigenous corporations to facilitate a collaborative approach to project delivery and impact reporting
Along with project management experience, ideally you will also have:
- Grant assessment, management and administrative experience.
- Advanced writing skills with experience preparing effective business cases using established templates.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully.
- Willingness to travel (sometimes remotely) in Australia.
- Procurement and contract administration experience.
- Well-developed community and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
At the ILSC we offer:
- Flexible working options (including a standard 3 day office / 2 day WFH working week)
- Generous leave entitlements
- 15.4% superannuation
- Supported career training and development
- Great work environment where people are valued and respected.
The preferred applicant will be engaged under the provisions of the ILC Enterprise Agreement – check out all the details on our careers page.
If you’d like to find out more please contact: Will Hamill – 0400 557 320 or Freecall 1800 818 490.
Applications are to include a current CV and covering letter (covering letter to be maximum 2 pages detailing how your skills and experience align with the position profile). Further information may be requested if you are selected for interview. You must be an Australian resident to apply for this role.
Applications close 30 January 2022.
At the ILSC we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we support.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply