- Full time 12 month contract based in Perth (Darwin or Brisbane by negotiation)
- Be part of a collaborative and flexible team
- Salary range of $84,414 – $91,728 – plus 15.4% superannuation
The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the ATSI Act and subject to the PGPA Act. The ILSC assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to realise economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits that the ownership and management of land, water and water related rights can bring. The ILSC provides this assistance through the acquisition and management of rights and interests in land, salt water and fresh water country.
ILSC Agribusiness is a specialised unit of the ILSC that focuses on the management of commercial agribusiness operations, through the wholly owned subsidiary of the ILSC, Primary Partners Pty Ltd, on Indigenous held land in partnership with Indigenous people. ILSC Agribusiness currently operates six agricultural businesses, including beef cattle, fine-wool merino sheep, a community-based meatworks, and a cattle export depot.
The ILSC Agribusiness is seeking a proactive and motivated Project Advisor to work in a collaborative team to support the successful transition of the agribusiness operations from the management of Primary Partners to Traditional Owners. Under the direction of the Business Planning & Support Manger you will:
- Liaise with Traditional Owners, property managers and other stakeholders, to development and/or modify transition strategies for the agribusiness operations.
- Manage the implementation of transition strategies, in liaison with Traditional Owners, property managers and stakeholders.
- Prepare for and facilitate workshops to assist stakeholders and the ILSC to make informed decisions regarding transition strategies.
- Develop project scoping to engage service providers to work with Traditional Owners on assessing opportunities and developing capability.
- Contribute to, implement, monitor and report on the section priorities/projects and operational plan to ensure that objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Flexible working options
- Generous leave entitlements
- 15.4% superannuation
- Supported career training and development
- Great work environment where people are valued and respected.
The preferred applicant will be engaged under the provisions of the ILC Enterprise Agreement
If you are keen to be surrounded by like-minded passionate people and be a part of making a real difference to Indigenous communities, apply now.
If you’d like to find out more please contact: Peter Cunningham 0407 394 809 or Freecall 1800 818 490.
Applications are to include a current CV and covering letter (covering letter to be maximum 2 pages detailing how your skills and experience align with the position profile). Further information may be requested if you are selected for interview. You must be an Australian resident to apply for this role.
Applications close COB 8 August 2022.
At the ILSC we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we support.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply