- Opportunity to have a positive impact for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Full time 3-year contract based in Darwin, Adelaide or Alice Springs by negotiation
- Salary Range $84,414 to $91,728 per annum (plus 15.4% Super)
The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the ATSI Act and subject to the PGPA Act. The ILSC assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to realise economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits that the ownership and management of land, water and water related rights can bring. The ILSC provides this assistance through the acquisition and management of rights and interests in land, salt water and fresh water country.
The ILSC is seeking a proactive and motivated Project Advisor – Strategic Projects to work in a supportive team to deliver large scale, collaborative land acquisition and land management projects. The team also supports Indigenous organisations to develop and implement on-country enterprises that foster Indigenous employment and training.
Under the direction of the Manager, Strategic Projects you will:
- Negotiate with stakeholders and facilitate a collaborative approach to project development to optimise and deliver sustainable economic, environmental, social or cultural benefits to Indigenous Australians
- Proactively develop proposals for the ILSC to assist Indigenous organisations to acquire land and water rights or manage land that they already own to deliver sustainable economic, environmental, social or cultural benefits.
- Support Indigenous organisations to enable employment, training and career development, enterprise development and delivery of social, cultural and environmental benefits in the land management, agriculture and tourism sectors.
- Undertake research, market analysis, project scoping, due diligence and feasibility analysis of projects to establish the business case for ILSC investment
- Plan, negotiate, develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and agencies in order to foster beneficial partnerships to enhance and extend the application of ILSC programs.
At the ILSC we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Generous leave entitlements
- 15.4% superannuation
- Supported career training and development
- Great work environment where people are valued and respected.
The preferred applicant will be engaged under the provisions of the ILC Enterprise Agreement.
If you are keen to be surrounded by like-minded passionate people and be a part of making a real difference to Indigenous communities, apply now.
Applications are to include a current CV and covering letter (covering letter to be maximum 2 pages detailing how your skills and experience align with the position profile). Further information may be requested if you are selected for interview. You must be an Australian resident to apply for this role.
For any additional information please contact: Paul Jenkins, Acting Central Divisional Manager – 0438 074 463 or Freecall 1800 818 490.
Applications close COB 29 May 2022
At the ILSC we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we support.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply