- Full time 3-year contract opportunity based in Brisbane
- Indigenous Identified opportunity – open to Indigenous applicants only
- Salary range $77,020 to $83,686 Classification ILC2 Upper (plus 15.4% Super)
The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the ATSI Act and subject to the PGPA Act. The ILSC assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to realise economic, social, cultural, and environmental benefits that the ownership and management of land, water Final and water related rights can bring. The ILSC provides this assistance through the acquisition and management of rights and interests in land, salt water and freshwater country.
The ILSC has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Indigenous Project Officer to work within a very collaborative project team to identify, develop and implement projects, working directly with people from Indigenous corporations to deliver economic, environmental, social and/or cultural benefits to Indigenous Communities. ILSC offers significant guidance, support and mentoring for the right candidate and will consider applicants who demonstrate the aptitude and capability but who have limited experience.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will:
- Assist with the managing ILSC land assets to work towards handing over or divesting the land assets to Indigenous organisations.
- Contribute to the development of projects that support the aspirations of Indigenous people and maximise the productivity of their assets.
- Undertake report preparation and development, coordination of works contracts, lease obligations and liaison with contractors to ensure works are performed as scheduled.
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders to build and maintain productive working relationships.
- Support the Eastern Division Landholding to Grant team with a variety project related tasks as necessary, contributing to the overall management of Indigenous businesses and operations.
At the ILSC we offer:
- More than just a job. We offer you the opportunity to make a real, positive difference to the lives of First Nations peoples. When we return land and water Country to Indigenous ownership, or fund a new Indigenous enterprise or management project, we strengthen and deepen Indigenous connection to Country and advance progress towards self-determination.
- The prospect to fast-track your career by working on high impact projects across Australia.
- Support for Indigenous staff through a comprehensive Indigenous Employment Strategy.
- Generous leave entitlements and work conditions, including:
- 15.4% superannuation on top of your salary
- Flexible hybrid work environment (2 days WFH)
- Not-For-Profit salary packaging
- Office closure over the Christmas and New Year’s period
- Access to generous parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous Studies Assistance program
- Health and wellbeing programs:
- Healthy Employment Scheme (HES) – An annual allowance towards your wellbeing
- Screen Based Equipment Scheme – Includes eye testing and an allowance towards spectacles
If you have a passion to drive change and want your work to align with your values to make a real difference, we invite you to apply now and start the conversation.
The preferred applicant will be engaged under the provisions of the ILC Enterprise Agreement.
The filling of this employment opportunity is intended to constitute a special measure under subsection 8 (1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications are to include a current CV and covering letter (covering letter to be maximum 2 pages detailing how your skills and experience align with the position profile). Further information may be requested if you are selected for interview. You must be an Australian resident to apply for this role.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Vanessa McGeachie – Operations Manager on 0408 383 189 or Freecall 1800 818 490.
Applications close 1 December 2023.
At the ILSC we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we support.