- Opportunity to make a real difference
- Full time 2-year contract opportunity based in Adelaide
- Salary range $120,922 to $134,247 FTE plus 15.4% Super
Are you ready for a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on the lives of First Nations peoples, while contributing to a strong and effective People & Capability (P&C) Team? The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) is looking for a pro-active, solutions-based leader to join our collaborative P&C team.
The ILSC is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Act. The ILSC assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to realise economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits that the ownership and management of land, water and water related rights can bring. The ILSC provides this assistance through the acquisition and management of rights and interests in land, salt water and fresh water country.
ILSC’s People & Capability team plays a pivotal role in empowering the ILSC by actively shaping the organisation’s workforce strategies, fostering continuous growth, and providing guidance and resources for executives and managers in all facets of workforce relations.
About the Role
Under the direction of the Manager People & Capability, you will provide high level guidance to managers and peers on all things Safety & Wellbeing, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, regulations as well as industry best practices.
A key element of this role will be developing and implementing an employee wellbeing program to drive a safe environment addressing the diverse needs of our people through awareness, understanding and offering available resources. There will also be opportunity to work with the broader P&C team on role and team design to further support a workplace that is psychosocially safe.
With the support of our Safety & Learning Coordinator, you will also monitor and assess the workplace environment to identify potential hazards, risks, and identify any areas for improvement as well as record and maintain accurate information on investigations, reporting, incidents and near misses on Lucidity.
At the ILSC we offer:
- More than just a job. We offer you the opportunity to make a real, positive difference to the lives of First Nations peoples. When we return land and water Country to Indigenous ownership, or fund a new Indigenous enterprise or management project, we strengthen and deepen Indigenous connection to Country and advance progress towards self-determination.
- Generous leave entitlements and work conditions, including:
- 15.4% superannuation on top of your salary
- Flexible hybrid work environment (two days WFH)
- Not-For-Profit salary packaging
- Additional paid leave between the Christmas and New Year’s period
- Training and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing programs:
- Healthy Employment Scheme (HES) – An annual allowance towards your wellbeing
- Screen Based Equipment Scheme – Includes eye testing and an allowance towards spectacles
- Free skin checks
If you have a passion to drive change and want your work to align with your values to make a real difference, we invite you to apply now and start the conversation.
The preferred applicant will be engaged under the provisions of the ILC Enterprise Agreement.
TARGETED VACANCY – This role is open to all applicants, however those who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and meet the requirements and are ranked suitable for the role will be given priority consideration in this recruitment process.
Applications are to include a current CV and covering letter (covering letter to be maximum two pages detailing how your skills and experience align with the Selection Criteria outlined in the Role Description accessed via the link below). Further information may be requested if you are selected for interview. You must be an Australian resident to apply for this role.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact: Jennifer Hyde, Manager People & Capability on 0479 081 511
At the ILSC we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we support.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply